Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New Music Tuesday: Hard-Fi and Calvin Harris

This week, the only release I'm really excited about is the UK release of Hard-Fi's new album "Once Upon a Time in the West". The whole album is available for streaming on Myspace. The opening track, "Surburban Knights", wins Audioclash's "Best New Song of the Week" award. I knew I loved it four seconds after it started. It has that same fun, euphoric, makes-you-want-to-scream-out-the-lyrics effect that "Gold Lion" had. The whole album is pretty amazing as well. It's much more diverse and dynamic then H-F's first album. They've really evolved into a much more exciting and interesting band. This is already one of my favorite albums of the year.

"Surburban Knights":


Also, Scottish producer Calvin Harris's album "I Created Disco", is now available in the US. It was released in the UK last June. Something about the guy annoys me, but I've really come to respect his work as a producer. It's so unpretentious and uncomplicated and just fun to listen to. Here's "Acceptable in the 80's":

No comments: