Thursday, March 20, 2008

Trainwreck Covers: Iggy Pop covers Madonna

God, this is painful to watch, but I feel like I need to post it. I found some videos from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction a couple weeks ago, and my soul hurt when I saw the video title "Iggy Pop - Burning Up - Ray of Light". I knew there was no way that that was going to end well, but I watched it anyway, and now I'm sharing this trainwreck with all of you. The band sounds as good as ever, but Iggy looks and sounds so worn down that it's just depressing to watch. Picking Iggy to do Madonna's tribute set seemed so random at first, but after watching this, it's clear that Iggy is the male punk version of Madonna-- he should have stopped a decade ago, but still insists on pretending to be 24 even though he's convincing no one.

No comments: